A Sorin Fellows Program Placement Grant supports undergraduate and graduate Sorin Fellows who have secured internships, employment, and/or placements that take place over the course of the mid-semester, winter, or summer recesses.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. For priority funding consideration for projects during academic break periods, the following deadlines apply:
FALL BREAK 2022 FUNDING
Sunday, September 18, 2022
WINTER BREAK 2022 FUNDING
Sunday, November 20, 2022
SPRING BREAK 2023 FUNDING
Sunday, February 12, 2023
SUMMER BREAK 2023 FUNDING
Sunday, April 2, 2023
Please see our FAQ page for further information about the priority and rolling deadlines.
Grants are awarded based on merit and a record of participation in the life of the Sorin Fellows Program.
How to Apply
Please familiarize yourself with our full guidelines listed below before logging into the application. Please note: You will not be able to save and return to your application.
We recommend that you collect all necessary materials before beginning the application. You will receive instruction on how to upload materials during the application process. A complete application consists of the following distinct parts:
• a one- to three-page project description
• a detailed, itemized budget (Sorin Fellows are encouraged to use the budget template provided here: SFPBudgetTemplate.xlsx)
• a current curriculum vitae or résumé
In the project description, applicants must made clear how the placement:
• aligns with and reflects the values and mission of the de Nicola Center, with a particular emphasis on the promotion of human dignity, authentic human freedom, and/or the common good
• serves to enhance one’s academic and/or vocational endeavors in light of the richness of the Catholic moral and intellectual tradition
Failure to submit all required materials promptly may result in the application being excluded from consideration.