Catholic Culture Series
From 2002 to 2017, the Center for Ethics and Culture sponsored the Catholic Culture Series, a series of lectures focused on prominent Catholic figures in literature and the arts. Through these lectures, the Center helps expose Notre Dame undergraduate students—and the entire Notre Dame community—to the richness of our vast Catholic cultural heritage. In 2018, the Catholic Culture Series was succeeded by two new programs, the Sorin Salon Series and "The Book That Changed My Life", components of our Sorin Fellows student formation program.
Find information regarding the series and lecture videos at the links below.
- 2017: (Spring) Hitchcock / (Fall) St. John Paul II
- 2016: Did Walker Percy Write the Last Self-Help Book?
- 2014: Shakespeare
- 2013: Children’s Literature
- 2012: J.R.R. Tolkien
- 2011: Victorian Catholics
- 2010: Strangers in a Strange Land
- 2009: Close to Catholic
- 2008: Wit’s Way to Wisdom
- 2007: Shakespeare and Catholicism
- 2006: Shining in Obscurity
- 2005: Tolkien’s Catholic Myth
- 2004: Graham Greene and Evelyn Waugh
- 2003: Flannery O’Connor and Walker Percy
- 2002: G.K. Chesterton