Apply for an Endowed Research Fellowship
The Myser Fellowship
Generously provided by the Myser Family Foundation, the intention of the Myser Fellowship is to bring to the de Nicola Center for Ethics and Culture a junior scholar with manifest excellence in teaching. Philosophers are encouraged to apply, but the fellowship is also open to scholars in other areas of the humanities and the social sciences. The fellowship lasts for one academic year.
To apply for the Myser Fellowship, a scholar must hold a doctorate in the humanities or social sciences and have at least one year of full-time teaching experience at a college or university.
Terms and Duties
- The Myser Fellow will spend two semesters of the academic year engaged in a well-defined research project broadly related to the Catholic moral and intellectual tradition.
- The fellow must be in residence at the de Nicola Center for Ethics and Culture and is expected to fully participate in its life and activities.
- The fellowship will provide half of the fellow’s current salary, up to $40,000, with the fellow’s home institution paying the remainder.
- The fellow will have full access to the University of Notre Dame’s research and recreation facilities.
- Cover letter of introduction
- Research proposal (not to exceed ten double-spaced, typewritten pages) that outlines the research project and its scholarly significance, as well as its contribution to the mission of the Center
- Documentation of excellence in teaching
- Three letters of reference
- Application materials due by January 15 for the following academic year.
- Decisions will be made by February 15.
For more information or to submit an application, please contact Margaret Cabaniss, the Center's Scholarly Research and Publications Program Manager.